PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Debate Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Runalot

PostSubject: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:21 pm

As a person who pursues knowledge, I like to get different opinions on things, so I made this thread for anyone to ask a question or debate about something.

If you are going to ask a question, please wait a few days if a question was just asked.

So, first question:

Do you think "Women and Children first" is right or do you think it should be changed?

I personally think that it should be Children>Elderly>Everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

Children first, sure. Women first is polite, but you should be polite to guys too. Best to just put everyone else first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

Here are my thoughts.

Children first but with an adult! Reason being that children ARE the future however a unguided future leads to ruin *cough* America *cough* If it should be a women or man makes no difference. Personally for a reproductive point of view and survival the opisite gender of the child should go with if its a BIG SERIOUS END OF THE WORLD sort of problem. Like zombies!

Elderly should be last. I know its heartless but this is a strickly survival mind set. They are going to die soon anyway might as well let them do it sooner so the future lives on.

Those are my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

Actually, I mostly agree with Mecha now that I think about it.
Except the elderly thing because that makes me feel like a jerk. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

Of course you would say the hot and beautiful first. Then the smart, and then, all the ugly and dum people who are just a waste of space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

Its nice of you to let everyone go ahead of you Firo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Mon 20 Feb 2012, 2:07 am

I know right? It's not like I'd die anyway... though I would probably suffer a lot with all the water...

Ok, change of mind, "Hot, perverted and orange firehogs first. Than, the hot chicks, then the smart, and then the ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:47 pm

NEW TOPIC!

...who said the limit was to what we could debate about? Let's put some use to this thread by adding a debate concerning the MineCraft Server.

Ok, so recently it has been revealed that the next update to MineCraft will feature Junlge Biomes and a new utility mob: Iron Golems. This debate question is two-fold:

1. Jungle Biomes include the biome-exlcusssive new tamable mob: Ocelots (basically cats). As we all know, one of the main reasons for starting the server over awhile back was so we could have access to 1.0.0 biomes (Snow and Mushroom)...catching on yet? If we want Jungle Biomes, and therefore cats, we'll have to ONCE AGAIN restart the server. Is it worth it? Are there any other options?

RingRingRingRingRingRingRingRing

2. This is more for those of us who RP in the server, and it concerns Iron Golems/Utility Mobs, Ice Cap, and Runia. Me and Moar have differing ideas on how to potentially implement them...I shall state both

Moar's Idea: The Iron Golems can be the ancient protectors of those who dwell in Ice Cap. The Dark Brotherhood has been a thorn in their side and have been able to evade them and assassinate the people they protect. They need help...Snow Golems can just be ignored because of how weak they are.

Strengths: Their ancient-looking appearance makes Iron Golems fit the part of being long-time guardians of those who dwell in Ice Cap. They're strength also makes them worth fighting with.

Weakness: Since the Dark Brotherhood currently consists of just one minor assassin, and assuming Iron Golems are as tough as they seem, why would they have trouble coping with the Dark Brotherhood? There's not much logic...also Snow Golems are literally scrapped and have no purpose.

(Moar's Responce [to my memory of this debate the other day...]: Snow Golems are derpy and useless, no need to use them for anything. They're jokes. Iron Golems can actually be useful allies to team up with in the fight against the Dark Brotherhood and later Herobrine.)

Ray's Idea: The Iron Golems can be used as the "police force" of Runia (when it is constructed). A side-proposition is that for the fun of it, Ice Cap is populated by Snow Golems who, like the Iron Golems in Moar's idea, are having trouble with the Dark Brotherhood's pressence...especially given their weak physical ability. Really, there's not another option of where Snow Golems could be implemented in the server if at all.

Strengths: The Iron Golems as Runia's Police Force makes sense given how Runia is going to be an advanced futuristic city (Jarl Ray: *cough*netherlovers*cough*) that they have their own army of mechanical beings patroling the streets and eliminating threats. Snow Gollems fit the position of being weakened by the Dark Brotherhood because of their weakness...even against one measly assassin.

Weakness: Snow Golems ARE really weak and don't really provide any assistance aside from being wandering civilians. Also Iron Golems kind of look pretty ancient to be futuristic guardians.

(Ray's responce: so do the Dwarven Automatons in Skyrim, but they're still butt-kicking futuristic machines even after thousands of years of inactivity).

Thoughts? (Moar if I missed a few details sorry just post them here. I tried to be as un-biassed as I could to make our ideas as equally understandable as possible)

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
AD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:09 pm

My view is that the Iron Golems are more good-aligned. Runia isn't, at all, more like a slightly neutral evil. We could send out villagers around ice cap and have the iron golems protect them, but remember, I have to make like 6 more dungeons, and Iron Golems would make for not only a good story element, but a good gameplay one.

Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

Runia isn't really aligned per-say, it's just anti-New Shamar. It seems as though it will become an inverse to New Shamar; being an advanced city as opposed to New Shamar's "simple" style. If you include a dungeon with Iron Golems you can just say the tech was stolen from Runia by [name of temple's boss/boss's creator here]. Just because the city isn't sided with New Shamar doesn't mean they don't protect their own civilians. From their perspective they are the "good guys".

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

Let's just think about this for a second. How long ago was it since we had to wipe the server for the first time? Only about two or three months. We've gotten a lot onto the server in that time, and it'd be a shame to lose it all over again. I'd say that we could copy and paste our current stuff onto a new world and maybe expand it out over the new biome.

I hope you do realise if we don't use that method, we're going to keep losing all our stuff for each new content version, right? It's not really worth it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
AD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

There are plugins that allow multipule worlds on a server through plugin-messed with nether portals.

WE should have done that the first time.

Edit:

Ray@: My reasoning is further that they are very viable to be part of Ice Cap's mega lore. It's snowy, we could say it was a thriving civilization until the ice age. That is why the Iron Golems still roam as protectors to the survivors- and us. Runians are nether worshippers. Anyone who does that, would indeed be a bad guy, correct? As the brotherhood is evil and Herobrine has full control of the Nether (not to mention The End) and sends monsters there to protect himself/the Ender King from our attacks so he can plan out his plans before striking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

From how Run portrays the character of "Runalot", the ruler of Runia, he is a self-pleasing person who is simply ignorant to the reporcussions of Netheran Materials. He sees it as "Ohlook this stuff makes our armor stronger, our weapons more powerful, and our city more advanced!" Instead of Jarl Ray's "This stuff has serious long-term consequences and will be the end of us all, regardless of how "useful" it is".

"Mr. Runalot" doesn't see the use of netheran materials as "worship", but nonetheless it is. The Iron Golems in my idea just make them mechanical, non-nether guardians invented to protect Runia as opposed to a whole race of beings in your idea.

...Ii would say more, but let's get some more voices on this matter aside from the two of us, eh? That's why I put it on this thread, after all.

Back to top Go down
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

Iron Golems for Runia. Snow Golems for Ice Cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runalot

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

For once, I actually agree with Kan. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:17 pm

personally I think Iron Golems should be for Ice Cap DB because its like a summon using nether worship and such. Snow golems ...what could those pumpkin heads be good for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:06 am

the main problem with that is that the Iron Golems...if you know anything about them, you'll know they have a protective nature. Heck they give flowers to villagers...that doesn't sound like very Dark Brotherhood-worthy machines XD

Back to top Go down
Mecalia the Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

That is a very good point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:01 am

Let's derail this and debate about trains. Slash would like that, if he reads this. Also, I need more snow for igloos. For the Mr. Pumpsnows.

If you wanted a serious post about this stuff, refer to the post I already made in this thread, and read it again, but here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Thu 08 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

I'd like to know all of your opinions on KONY 2012.

If you don't know what that is, simply watch this video:

So, do you support this campaign? Do you think it's a hoax? Do you think people are forgetting about other major world problems simply because of a viral video?

I'll post my personal thoughts after some replies.
Back to top Go down
Mecalia the Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

I support the idea behind it and how they are going about doing it. However I do believe this "hype" is causing us to lose sight of other problems. Honestly it is just hype I mean who remembers New Orlens? Or That earth quack or other problems that happened not that long ago? Its just another Hype. A good cause but just a hype. There is 1000000's of other things to be done in this worthless planet.

On a seperate note if this actually gets done and people actually care for more than a week THEN I feel the human race is not a complete waste of life after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

I have to agree with Mecha. I'd also like to add that there's some conspiracy against the company who brought awareness to it. Mostly stuff about very little of the money actually going to the cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

I don't exactly know what that is. I'm not gonna be bothered watching 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Thu 08 Mar 2012, 11:03 pm

Then why bother posting? Honestly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

I'm currently neutral on it. I was originally supporting it when I first watched the video, then (like Ken said) I heard about the conspiracy with the company and their profits and didn't support it. But then said company posted up another statistic showing where other funds went and whatever. It muddled up my head in it, so I don't really know which side to trust.

And yeah, as soon as a video becomes viral, there's no charity, there's only a trend people want to follow, amirite? Seems to be the most likely course of action people are taking here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thread   

Back to top Go down

Debate Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next