PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What happened to this thing? (SA Book)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dog

PostSubject: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 3:05 am

Hi everyone, you may or may not know what this is but some of the SA2 players probably do. Anyway on the old Sonic Arena website this shows up in the top right corner. It shows a book that can be purchased about the games history. When you click it the website says it no longer exists. Anyone know if I can somehow obtain a copy of this thing? 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 3:48 am

I've never personally read the book, and it's kind of a shame that I believe it's no longer available. If I remember, though, I think Jon might have bought it, so he could tell you about the contents, maybe? Ken could also have one...that'd make sense.

From what I remember it was basically a history book about SA1/SA2. When it was up, it had a few preview pages. I'm not sure if any of us have any way of contacting Discoponies (Jay) but he could help? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:24 am

I owned it and now I don't know where its at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:26 am

If anyone does know how to contact him about it please do, because I'd really like to buy a copy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

I have it, and it's a nice memento. Basically just contains some concept art and screenshots and stories from the game. Dunno where it is at the moment and I doubt Discoponies would be interested in re-selling it.

cause he hates us or sumfink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:29 pm

I'm not sure it it'd help, but you could ask the Sonic Arena Facebook page? Or the Twitter? I dunno if i've ever seen that page respond or not, though...
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:38 pm

Silver Fox wrote:
I'm not sure it it'd help, but you could ask the Sonic Arena Facebook page? Or the Twitter? I dunno if i've ever seen that page respond or not, though...
Thats a good idea. I have a Twitter account so I'll go try that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm

I've still got a copy of the book in a drawer at home somewhere. I'll see what I can do about taking pictures of it or something, just for preservation.

As for getting it re-printed, I wouldn't count on it. It's hard enough to get a hold of Jay in the first place, and I don't think he wants anything to do with Sonic Arena anymore. I don't know that anyone involved with SA2 has talked to him in 2 years, either. It's kind of a shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:24 pm

Keniruhs wrote:
I've still got a copy of the book in a drawer at home somewhere. I'll see what I can do about taking pictures of it or something, just for preservation.

As for getting it re-printed, I wouldn't count on it. It's hard enough to get a hold of Jay in the first place, and I don't think he wants anything to do with Sonic Arena anymore. I don't know that anyone involved with SA2 has talked to him in 2 years, either. It's kind of a shame.
If you could that would be great!

It does seem kind of sad that he doesn't want anything to do with it though. I don't really see any reason why he wouldn't want any part of it except for possible legal issues. I don't think any money was made from SA2 so even that doesn't seem like a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Tue 02 Sep 2014, 1:17 am

He probably just wants to move on to other stuff like The Sonic Show. I don't think Jay was really interested in SA2 to begin with, as most updates from him took quite a while and yeeeah...
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Tue 02 Sep 2014, 11:58 am

Yeah, I think he was mainly just tired of it. He never seemed very interested the whole time I worked with him. Even with SA3, we went like a whole year without hearing anything about it, and still never got to work on it. As for the updates taking forever, he was working on the Sonic Show the whole time SA2 was alive, and that probably took a good bit of work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Tue 02 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

I also got quite angry at him because he was being an arse and not responding to anything we said about some stuff.

Might've turned him off a bit.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Tue 02 Sep 2014, 6:43 pm

Well, to be fair, it was a pretty valid thing to be angry at. We did good if we got a response at all. It was even worse trying to work on SA3. Supposed to be a big deal, but barely heard anything about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm

If he allowed others to work on it I bet the game would probably have been released and still running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:17 pm

To be honest, I have 0 idea on how much progress was actually made on Sonic Arena 3 - there's only really a few videos out there.

As a sidenote, XW/Eclipse aren't really that hard to work with so Ken should totes make Sonic Arena 4: Championship Edition.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm

Here's the rundown:

Jay made everything you saw in the trailers in Eclipse.

At some point, Jay decided to switch to an engine called Genesis2D, which was a bit more stable and had some better features.
As far as I know, Jay remade very little of what was in the trailers; a bit of Green Hill or Angel Island and not a whole lot else.
Development stopped for several months or a year.
Not much else got mad.e
SA closed.

So really, anything in videos is about all that ever existed. Kind of sad.

As for Sonic Arena 4, I'll make it in 2021 in conjunction with BlastedSonata and Bill Gates. It'll be prepackaged with Windows 14.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm

I say we grab copies of RPG maker, smoke some dank weed in Ken's house, and make the Sanic version of Yume Nikki.

It'll sell GAMILLnothing because it's free!
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 4:57 pm

But it will have microtransactions, which is where we get all the movies. Heheheh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

I've heard a bit about Genesis and from what I've seen it's a pretty good looking engine. Was Eclipse Origins being used before the switch over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

Not as far as I know. Pretty sure it was regular Eclipse. In fact, I'm not sure I've even heard of Eclipse Origins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:50 pm

Oh, I see it must be a different engine than.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Thu 04 Sep 2014, 1:45 am

Isn't Eclipse Origins that platformer thing I saw forever ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Thu 04 Sep 2014, 7:55 pm

Keniruhs already finished SA3. But He's pulling a Phil Fish. HE JUST WANTS TO GET INTO YOUR PANTS! DON'T BELIEVE KENIRUHS! VOTE FOR PEDRO! HE DOESN'T WANNA GET IN YOUR PANTS!....AS MUCH!

THIS MESSAGE IS APPROVED BY KENIRUHS!

"Hi I AM KENIRUHS! I AM A FART!" - Keniruhs 2014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Thu 04 Sep 2014, 7:56 pm

KENIRUHS GET OUTTA OUR PANTS!
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   Thu 04 Sep 2014, 8:20 pm

Nope, Eclipse Origins is pretty much just a regular MMORPG maker. I'm actually using a modified version of it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to this thing? (SA Book)   

Back to top Go down

What happened to this thing? (SA Book)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next