Share | 

General Forum Updates and Forum Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:07 pm

I've been messing around with the forum a little bit, and it seems fair to let you guys know what I've been changing.

I got rid of the S:TA General Discussion forum. I really have no intention of making any sort of Sonic fangame anymore, and the forum wasn't being used for anything, so it didn't need to be around.

On top of that, I've dropped "Sonic" part of "Sonic: Transgressional Aspect" to match the removal of the forum and the fact that the game is officially dropped. It's just not necessary and the name looks better without it, I think.

I added a new forum called Projects. This section is meant for things that aren't art or writing, basically. It can be for games you're making, maps you're doing, mods, or whatever. I'll be making use of that section shortly.

I made a some minor revisions to the rules. They didn't really change; all I did was clean up the wording a bit.

Now, besides all this, there's something that's on my mind. The name "Transgressional Aspect" isn't really the best name out there. Besides transgressional being in the same category as revengeance (that is, words that are barely words), it just doesn't sound great and doesn't really pertain to anything.  

So, I was wondering if maybe we should change the forum's name. The problem with that is I don't really have any ideas of what to change it to. If you guys have any sort of input on this, I'd love to hear it.

That's all the updates for now. Let me know if there's anything else that needs changing or fixing or whatever and I'll see what I can do about it. Also, I might keep changing things around for a few days. I'll makes posts here about new updates, too.

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

"Kengressional Kenspect: A place where a Kenful of Ken-People Ken around and waste Ray"

Idea MK I.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:48 pm

RIP Transgressional Aspect :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:17 pm

I removed some of the widgets from the home page. Specifically, i got rid of the top poster graph, the statistics, the social media links (which included links to stuff like Digg. Who uses Digg?), and the RSS feed links. They didn't really add much or were redundant.

Also, I changed the new post box to WYSIWYG (What You See is What you Get) mode, so it cuts out needing a lot of BBC tags. You can still use the BBC tags if you know them, but they're not needed.

I fixed the tab/window name so it matches the fact that I said I removed the "Sonic" part of our name.

I changed the background. It doesn't have the weird city line anymore; it's just stars.

There may be some funkiness with the forum design, don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:56 pm

I miss the city lines.. RIP CITY LINES.
Back to top Go down
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

Aheh, yeah... I mean who would come up with a name like Transgressional Aspect?

aheh...aheh....

heh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:26 pm

Only a couple of losers, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:08 pm

So. What about the game?
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm

I set Important Site Information to order threads by date posted instead of most recently posted in. I should've done that a long time ago, honestly. Now the home page doesn't rearrange itself when people post in older threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Sun 08 Jun 2014, 1:20 pm

City lines! plox come back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Mon 09 Jun 2014, 7:37 am

I suggest 'Reggie: Transgressional Aspect.'
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 11 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm

I decided to try out a new forum design, because the old one was a bit stale and sloppy. This one's all sleek and stuff. Downside: avatars are on the right side instead of the left, which is just funky.

What do you guys think? If you like it, we can keep it. If not, I can change it back easily. I might also try another skin, for good measure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 11 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

at the very least, we now know you are online.
welcome back ken :')
Back to top Go down
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 11 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm

It's seems fine currently, only downside I see right now is that there is no "Posts since last visit" button that I am aware of.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Sat 12 Jul 2014, 1:21 am

Realistically though, I don't really care, youtube changes have prepared me for this day...
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Surprise! We've used that other skin for about a week, so I figure it's time to try the other skin I found. This one's a bit more, er... Tron-like. Things stick out a lot more with it. Also, avatars are left-aligned again!

Let me know which skin you like better between the three we've used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:45 pm

I think the previous one was just starting to grow on me. I like that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm

I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
Back to top Go down
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

Ken plz, use the last one, this one is broken for me Neutral
I have to use like 67% Size on my browser to see almost anything outside of the actual posts...

AND NOW IT'S GRAY BOXES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 10:01 pm

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was so big. I keep my browser on 80%. Well, we'll try it for a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Thu 17 Jul 2014, 10:23 pm

I'm fine with most of it, but almost anything other than the posts themselves are kinda.... not loading, correctly under certain sizes anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 18 Jul 2014, 12:36 am

i keep my browser on 100% whats wrong with yu guys
NOTE: Silver Fox was kidding. It's okay to not be able to see things very well.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 18 Jul 2014, 1:12 am

80% would make things smaller, so it's on that setting because things are too big. Silly Fox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 18 Jul 2014, 1:57 am

...oh...
it doesn't look big for me!
Back to top Go down
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:01 pm

I mean this is perfectly fine with me, I'm warming up to it, it's just sort of-ish broken in certain regions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Forum Updates and Forum Name   

Back to top Go down

General Forum Updates and Forum Name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next