PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 6:28 am

Because no one cares. >_> I had one look at it and said, "Welp, not getting that any day soon after it's out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 6:38 am

hmm.... could it be that bad though? think of all the epic characters that could come back and... stuff. New Stuff. It certainly must be a bit interesting.

Not mentioning that the original All stars didn't seem to be that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 7:59 am

I already have mario kart and Diddy Kong racing...why would I get the sonic version?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 8:10 am

It has drifting in it though! D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 8:13 am

so does MK.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 8:37 am

Personally, I preferred All-Stars Racing over MK. As mentioned before, MK just relies too heavily on the items for me, so eye'm kindof interested I suppose. As long as they don't use Heroes levels. Again. >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 8:57 am

Though I'll admit, when you think of items, you think of Mario Kart.

When you think of drifting, you think of Crash Nitro Cart.

When you think of transforming, you think of Diddy Kong Racing.

...Let's face it. Sonic and SEGA all stars Racing Transformed doesn't have anything original in it. But the fact that it has combined these 3 things together sorta makes it cool on its own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 9:00 am

I suppose it does. Kinda.
By the way, random question, am I the only human being who kinda wants Sonic 4 Episode 2?
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 2:44 pm

The original game wasn't bad. I quite liked it. It's just very lacking in replayability if you have no multiplayer. I don't want to pay $60 for a game I won't get my money's worth out of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 08 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Well, to be fair, the missions were a nice distraction. But yeah I can see what ye mean.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Wed 09 May 2012, 12:52 am

The only reason I still don't have Sonic and SEGA all stars is because I feel like I can't buy games if they don't have a singleplayer story.
I just can't... do it. I MUST have a story mode. I can't just sit there and do normal races to collect money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Tue 15 May 2012, 5:44 pm

So, Sonic 4 Episode 2 is out today - on PSN, at least. It'll be coming out on other platforms in the next few days.

That should make up for Minecraft a little, Moar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Wed 16 May 2012, 12:10 am

Also out on Steeeeeam.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Wed 16 May 2012, 12:52 am

Bah... should I buy it...? Maybe not... Maybe when it's on Sale...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Wed 16 May 2012, 7:53 am

It's a huuuuge improvement over Episode 1 from what eye've seen and heard. But uh, yeah, it is pretty expensive for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Runalot

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:17 pm

IGN's retarded reveiw came out for 4.2, and guess what? ITS RETARDED!

Quote :
When it was first announced to be in development back in 2009, the promise of SEGA's "Project Needlemouse" seemed incredible – it's no wonder fans of the Sonic franchise got their hopes up so high. Episode I then came along and, for many, failed to deliver on that potential. Episode II is a better game than that one was when it comes to the fans' key criticisms, but yet this second – and final – installment of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 still seems bland. Buy it and enjoy it as much as you can if you're a longtime Sonic follower. Just don't get your hopes up too high again. Sonic the Hedgehog 4, once more, has not been the true second coming of your hero.

Full reveiw: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/19/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii-review
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:21 pm

IGN's always retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runalot

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:25 pm

Forget to mention

Episode 1: 8
Episode 2: 6.5

WHAT?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 10:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 11:02 pm

I can agree with a 7 for 4.2 because you know its just one mechanic that brings the game down for me the tails one seems to forced on you and makes dying near impossible to do ruining the platforming part of the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sat 19 May 2012, 11:19 pm

Dying? Impossible? Dood, I game over-ed twice in 4-2. The entirely of Sky Fortress is pretty tough, as well as Winter Park Act 3, and parts of Oil Desert. Death Egg mk. II is somewhat tough.

And seriously, I can't be the only one who enjoyed to Tails tag actions. There's a lot of alternate paths in the levels than can only be accessed through them.

As for the 6.5 score for 4-2, it makes no sense. Admittedly, the game is probably a 7.5 at best. 4-2 is a much better game than 4-1, however, but 4-1 got a 9. In the 4-2 review, it even says that Episode 4-1 wasn't very great. So how does it make sense for the better game to make a lower score?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sun 20 May 2012, 2:51 am

Was it a different person who reviewed it? :V
Back to top Go down
Runalot

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sun 20 May 2012, 12:36 pm

Ken: IGN logic duh.

Silver: Yeah I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sun 20 May 2012, 12:51 pm

So it's basically the whole Sonic Unleashed Wii being better than the 360 version thing agaaain? :V
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   Sun 20 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Ken Shuri wrote:
Dying? Impossible? Dood, I game over-ed twice in 4-2. The entirely of Sky Fortress is pretty tough, as well as Winter Park Act 3, and parts of Oil Desert. Death Egg mk. II is somewhat tough.

And seriously, I can't be the only one who enjoyed to Tails tag actions. There's a lot of alternate paths in the levels than can only be accessed through them.

As for the 6.5 score for 4-2, it makes no sense. Admittedly, the game is probably a 7.5 at best. 4-2 is a much better game than 4-1, however, but 4-1 got a 9. In the 4-2 review, it even says that Episode 4-1 wasn't very great. So how does it make sense for the better game to make a lower score?

The same way it makes sense that Skyrim got a 9 but Skyward Sword got a freaking perfect 10. God condemned biased Zelda fanboys...

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition   

Back to top Go down

The Sonic Discussion Thread: Digitally Remastered Platinum Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next