PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Humble Bundle 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Humble Bundle 9   Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm

Well, it's that time again. Humble Bundle 9 has arrived with a pretty good selection of games.

You know the drill; donate to charity, get games, pay over average, get more games, blah blah.

The games this time are:

- Trine 2: Complete Story
- Mark of the Ninja
- Eets Munchies (Beta)
- Brütal Legend

And if you pay over the average, you get:

- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Fez

And, of course, soundtracks with some of the games. There's also more games coming soon, probably in a few days.

Get it over at: https://www.humblebundle.com/

So far, it looks like a pretty worthwhile deal. Might be worth hopping on.

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:18 am

I would, but as uuuusual I actually kinda can't so blarg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:37 am

SSShould we jussst have a sssingle thread for all of thessse? I don't know, ssseems like it might be better.
As for the actual gamesss, haven't played Trine or Trine 2, but it has the offical Geardad seal of approval.
I actually haven't played much of Mark of The Ninja but it seemed fairly okay at least.
No idea what Eets Munchies is, but considering it's in beta that may be why.
Brutal Legend I've avoided but recently found out it's actually a strategy game which is weird and it was terribly marketed. I thought it was a hack and slash because THAT'S WHAT MARKETING TOLD ME.
FTL I've always felt like it was overrated, as if it was a free browser nobody would pay any attention to it, and it always kind of looked like one to me. There's definitely a lot of good browser games out there, though...
And FEZ, honestly if you're paying above the average, I'd really suggest going all charity because Phil Fish doesn't deserve the money, although I'm not sure if he gets some of the profits if you don't go above the average. It may be an okay game, I'm honestly not sure if it's overrated or niche or anything like that, I just don't think Phil Fish should be as berating and rude to his consumers as he has been and still be rewarded. The quitting because the Internet fought back against his rudeness, sure, there's a lot of anger and offensiveness that is unacceptable on the Internet, but if you're rude and in the public eye ON THE VERY INTERNET THAT STRIKES BACK AT YOU, you should have been prepared. And if you're not prepared, you should have gone through the routes that other developers have taken, mostly silence. I'm sorry, not sorry Phil. Wow that got ranty.
Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:07 am

i've heard you can give money to separate developers, so if you want, give it all to not phil!
Back to top Go down
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:10 pm

So here's my opinion on this bundle:

Trine 2 : This is the only game I'd be interested in getting, and I've been badgered for not getting it before.

Mark of the Ninja : Really awesome stealth game and my personal favourite Klei Entertainment game. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Eets Munchies : whathefuckisthis

Brutal Legend : This game had so much wasted potential. The first half of the game is just an okay action game, but then it turns to shit in the second half where it goes into a really bad RTS. The story isn't all that interesting nor funny, and the only thing I'll praise the game for is its soundtrack but even that has some shitty tracks
Spoiler:

As for the over-the-average stuff:

FTL - aka roll dice to get raped by bandits. The game's just a basic roguelike that's fairly addicting to play.

Fez - The game was just meh all around. Couldn't be bothered to play more than 2 hours of the damn thing and Phil Fish is a penis

So er, seems like an okay-ish bundle. I'm just gonna wait a while to see if they have any other games that might pique my interest.
On another note, the Weekly Bundle is looking great. I've really enjoyed all of the games there minus Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset. You should totally consider getting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

If you watch the HB9 trailer, it says that Eets Munchies is making its Windows, Mac, and Linux debut, so it's apparently a completely new game.

As for having a single thread for all these, come on, just let me try and engender some activity around here. Might make a separate thread for weekly Humble Bundles, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaveTheCake

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Sat 14 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

Wait, wait, wait...

As you know, I've only been on this new and improved website for a couple months now, and could someone explain what the hargleshmargle is going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegleblifeyo.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Sat 14 Sep 2013, 6:01 pm

Humble (sometimes Indie) Bundle is a pay what you want gangle group of games that are preselected and there's some games that are locked unless you pay above the average. Sometimes Humble Bundle has books or triple A bundles. Just check out the site, wouldya y'doofus of a smurf?
Back to top Go down
SaveTheCake

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:04 pm

,Gearald wrote:
Humble (sometimes Indie) Bundle is a pay what you want gangle group of games that are preselected and there's some games that are locked unless you pay above the average. Sometimes Humble Bundle has books or triple A bundles. Just check out the site, wouldya y'doofus of a smurf?
ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegleblifeyo.webs.com
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

YOU KNOW KEN, IT'D BE A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE PUT A LINK IN THE FIRST POST.

I'm dumb, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:25 pm

And so, 4 new games are added to the Humble Bundle:

- Bastion
- LIMBO
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
- A Virus Named TOM

So, basically, if you didn't already own the bundle, buy it for Bastion. It's a fantastic game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:50 pm

i'd also recommend limbo but then i'd be lying and gear would yell at me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:47 pm

For Humble Bundle and included with Bastion? Fine go ahead and play LIMBO, maybe you'll like it, but NightSky did that atmosphere first and did it better. Nowhere nearworthy the high scores LIMBO got, I'd say.
Bastion is amazing. I recommend it to anyone whose been gaming a while or gamed before, not any newcomers because I don't want people to be disappointed in good games that aren't as glorious as Bastion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humble Bundle 9   

Back to top Go down

Humble Bundle 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1