PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Community Minecraft Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Community Minecraft Server   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

I'm a few days late making this, but we have a community Minecraft server now! It's hosted by MC Pro Hosting, not Light or Runalot or anyone else, so it's up 24/7 and should run pretty well overall! There's of course a few rules to follow, those being:

1. Don't grief.
2. Don't steal.
3. Don't spam.
4. Don't do other things that are mean and bad.

If you would like to join the server, make a post here and I'll send you the IP in a personal message. We do this in order to keep random people from joining the server and ruining people's stuff.

Have fun!

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sat 23 May 2015, 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:53 pm

Out of just waking up for a nap boredom, I've decided to start compiling a list of usernames, I've forgotten nearly all of y'all's Minecraft usernames so send me messages if I've missed ya or gotten you wrong
* is uncertainty but pretty damn sure!
Taco_Hombre Crobatmayn is TacoHombre/Lightning
Sixxon is Moar
Sonic_2 is Needlemouse
Mechazoid5116 is Mechazoid
VSM is Kankon
Keniruhs is Ken Shuri
Invert_Tails is Invert (what he has an account here)
SilverTheFox is Silver (There are a lot of silver foxes out there! Cut me some slack.)
Gearald is me, Gearald Celtaro An Mo Bhron!
Titryth is Ray, the Ekoknight.
Chaosinthesky is Chaosinthesky.
SaveTheCake is SaveTheCake/Kiritisu/Kyuubey/Cakey/Possibly your uncle

Last edited by Gearald on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : (That's Silver, yo.))
Back to top Go down
SaveTheCake

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Thu 25 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

Actually Mechazoid wrote:
Out of just waking up for a nap boredom, I've decided to start compiling a list of usernames, I've forgotten nearly all of y'all's Minecraft usernames so send me messages if I've missed ya or gotten you wrong
* is uncertainty but pretty damn sure!
Taco_Hombre Crobatmayn is TacoHombre/Lightning
Sixxon is Moar
Sonic_2 is Needlemouse
Mechazoid5116 is Mechazoid
VSM is Kankon
Keniruhs is Ken Shuri
Invert_Tails is Invert (what he has an account here)
SilverTheFox is Silver* (There are a lot of silver foxes out there! Cut me some slack.)
Gearald is me, Gearald Celtaro An Mo Bhron!
Titryth is Ray, the Ekoknight.
Chaosinthesky is Chaosinthesky.

Well, my username is, of course, "SaveTheCake".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegleblifeyo.webs.com
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Fri 26 Jul 2013, 8:48 am

How did I miss this? Someone please explain the logic behind this, seeing as how I check the forums daily.

Well, I might look into checking in on this. You people know how I like my sandstone cities =3

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Chaosinthesky

PostSubject: Server shutdown   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

Server got griefed, lot of stuff was stolen from my place and they placed water around and burned my floorboards, also burned Ray's temp house don't know if they stole his stuff or not. whoever did it also made a pillar of dirt and stone and wrote out in cobble near mine and ray's temp house U MAD and then EA for some reason. Gonna talk to Light about it later and Ken too, since us three own the server. in the meantime it's down, I looked at the log and it appears three people logged in that I haven't met/don't know. Probably gonna end up banning whoever those three were if Ken and Light can't tell me who they are and if they wouldn't have done this or not. In the meantime once it's back up and you get on if any of your stuff has been stolen or destroyed let me or Light or Ken know and we'll spawn it back in for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaosinthesky

PostSubject: People who were on inbetween my last log in and the griefing   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

Looked further in the log and found five different names get on and off since I was last on. Anyone know who these guys are? These are their minecraft names

skylord_Muffin

AstroA40

Sapphirezx

bigminer22

AlexanderKzi

These were the guys that got on after me Sixxon and Ray stopped playing yesterday, so it must have been one/some/all of them, cause no other names came up in the log, and I don't know any of these guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaosinthesky

PostSubject: Whitelist   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

Server is now whitelisted, you have to ask me or Light or Ken to put you on the whitelist to get in the server from now on
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

Sapphirezx makes me think of Bane, the annoying Fox one that nobody likes it.
AlexanderKzi makes me think of M.I.A Saizorua, for some reason. But I've got no certainty to that. AstroA40 and AlexanderKsi have the same skin of a skeleton like creature with a big maw according to Minecraft skin searching methods. Makes me they might be a usual group.

Might I recommend whitelisting the list of Sonicta names that I gathered up though? I mean skipping Invert or me makes a large amount of sense, but the other fellas make some sense to whitelist.
Back to top Go down
Chaosinthesky

PostSubject: Whitelist   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Pretty sure I whitelisted everyone on your list except invert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Thu 01 Aug 2013, 4:46 am

Oooh oooh I had an idea! When Ken gets back from his drug run I mean Oklahoma visitation, if he/we could try to explore options to make it so that the I.P is only visible if you're logged in (forcing an account, albeit not exactly tied to Minecraft) then the server might be a bit more secure, less DDoSes [like that'd ever happen *glaringly looks at Slash*] and other tidbits. It's not exactly pointless with the whitelisting, but it could also be potentially annoying if we can't get it work with Forumotion.

Most forums force an account to view userpages, I don't really see what's wrong with trying to force an account to see a I.P you have to ask to use anyways.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:57 pm

A few changes have now taken place on the server recently, and I'm going to go over them.

Firstly, the server now has a new map! There's reasons for it, but I'm not going to into specifics here and just say that is was irreparable griefing. We're looking for ways to keep this from happening in the future. It's sort of a nicer seed anyway, being that it has a very nice plains biome at spawn and magnificent mountain biome not far away. Sorry if you lost stuff, but it couldn't be helped.

Secondly, the whole recording stuff is gone. There's no separate map for people recording anymore, so don't worry about it.

Finally, I'm removing the IP from the post. Since this situation with unknown griefers, I've decided that anyone who wants onto the server needs to post here asking for the IP. When they do, I'll send them a PM with it as soon as I can! The reason for this is to keep random people coming in and ruining everything. Sorry that it's inconvenient, but it's the best that can be done.

The first post has been updated to reflect all these changes. Anyway, hope every continues to have fun with the server!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:05 pm

A level 30 Enchantment Table is now in the world. If you go into Ray's Nether Portal at spawn, and find the signs that say to Gearald's House (if they haven't blown up, if they have, look for ladders in the ground) and follow them, you'll get to a portal underground, go through it and you'll be in my mines. Follow the cobblestone ladder tower up until you see a single ladder on the blocks in front of you, keep going upwards until you find some suspended 1 block passages, they're not straight up connected, but they're about a block apart. Go on them and upwards, and find the gravel pit covered in torches. If you go up from there and then up the ladders, circle back into the mountain and find the hole in the wall marked with a single moss stone. Please don't mine any coal you find in the above the surface (ladders after gravel pit) and especially in the mountain, as it's probably a part of my aesthetic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:02 am

1.7 is just around the corner and the ever pressing question of do we restart the map comes up again.
There's a few options here, and a few more than I haven't thought of most likely
Restart the map
Don't restart the map
Question if 1.7 will even bring life back into the Minecraft server and if it's worth paying for

I personally believe that we shouldn't restart the map. Far as I know, the farthest someone's gone out (I got lost okay) is like coordinations either ~600 or ~900, and even with lag horses can get us out in new chunks fairly easily and our homes are our homes.
I've gone fairly far out in the Nether, but I don't believe that would generate overworld chunks, and nor is there much in a new Nether.
The old biomes don't have much new besides flowers and better spacing, so those are still around for us to enjoy living in.
We can make a fairly ugly pathway with Minecart Tracks and make it horse able for safe transportation in the Nether if we want to keep the old spawn but make it easy to get to a new outpost... However, there is a command to set a new spawn point, and we can keep the old spawn for nostalgia reasons.
Overall, there's not a whole lot to gain from restarting the map as new chunks aren't -that- far, but there's progression to lose.
I VOTE TO SAVE THE WORLD! -insert epic button slam gif here-

Last edited by ,Silver Fox on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added button gif, y'buffon.)
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:58 am

There's really very little reason to restart the map now. The reason we did before was because all our stuff got blown up and we would've had to restart anyway. Like you said, there's very few reasons to restart, and it'd be more hassle than it's worth.

As for the cost, it's really not very much per month, so don't be too concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Sun 27 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Left out. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MagatsuNET

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Mon 19 May 2014, 5:02 pm

Is the server still going? If so, I would be happy to join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   Sat 16 May 2015, 9:16 pm

Server might go down soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Minecraft Server   

Back to top Go down

Community Minecraft Server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1