PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Graduation Celebration Contest!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Thu 23 May 2013, 3:01 pm

EDIT: I changed the drawing prompt a tad and moved the deadline to June 8.

---

It's near the end of May, and some of us are getting the heck out of high school! It only seems appropriate that we hold a silly contest to celebrate. That, and change the background to something related and not exactly well-fitted to the page.

Anyway, this time around, I figured that a drawing contest would be fun! We haven't done something like that before, so there's a bit of fresh air.

The goal of this event is to draw the following:

• A wizard in a graduate's cap and gown. Said sorcerer can be drawn in any way imaginable and in any sort of event that is not adult-oriented (you know what I mean),as long as it relates to an acedemic setting.

"But dearest Ken," you sigh, "I'm not a very good artist! How am I supposed to win something like this?" Do not despair, my fair forumgoer! The winner of this contest isn't determined solely by image quality. Instead, the basis for victory will be split between drawing quality, hilarity, and content originality. This way, even if your entry isn't very nice-looking, it can still have a chance!

The drawing does not have to be hand-made. It can be done in Paint, Photoshop, ASCII in Notepad, whatever! It could even be a comic or a parody of something else. It just needs to be a drawing that pertains to the subject. I do, however, insist that you do your best to make a funny, interesting picture.

"But Ken, my friend," you begin to ask, "what is the reward for all this? Why should I bother?" Well, my good fellow, the reward for this contest is, appropriately enough, a copy of Magicka on Steam! The top three winners will each be give an copy.

The deadline for submitting your drawings is June 8. Do not post your entries in this thread; instead, PM all pictures to me. At the end of the contest, I will post the top three submissions here, and unless otherwise requested, I will post the rest as well for everyone to see.

If you have questions, of course post below, because it's not entirely unlikely that I forgot to mention something. Good luck to all with your goofy pieces of art!

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Thu 23 May 2013, 3:50 pm

Obligatory post about asking questions in a nonsensical manner, pertaining to something other than the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 24 May 2013, 2:01 am

God damn it Ken, not the Magicka games... *sigh* very well.

This seems like something I'd be interested in. Just a question, can this "sorcerer" be anything and in any shape or must it be human? Can it be an animal?

Also, I can't seem to understand why it's a sorcerer... I mean, if it's about graduation then wouldn't the logical idea be a drawing about graduation or school?
I mean what if:
"But Ken," we groan "what if we can't draw a sorcerer? Or we don't know how
to draw a sorcerer?"

This is your contest so I can't say anything but I'd like to suggest that the topic would be anything as long as it's school related. I would have a drawing in mind already.

Also I'd suggest giving us a bit more time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 24 May 2013, 4:40 am

June 1 is probably plenty of time for somebody who ain't Firo! I might participate in this, but if I do actually win somehow eye'll probably give it to someone else given how The Showdown Effect runs on this thing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 24 May 2013, 7:53 am

Silvah you should do Mr Moose as the sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:13 am

Quills on Wheels wrote:
This seems like something I'd be interested in. Just a question, can this "sorcerer" be anything and in any shape or must it be human? Can it be an animal?

Of course.

Quote :
Also, I can't seem to understand why it's a sorcerer... I mean, if it's about graduation then wouldn't the logical idea be a drawing about graduation or school?

He's in graduation attire. The reason I didn't specify an event is so that people could be a bit more creative with things. Also, the reward is Magicka, which is about sorcerers!

Quote :
I mean what if:
"But Ken," we groan "what if we can't draw a sorcerer? Or we don't know how
to draw a sorcerer?"

Google is a good reference! But as I said, the drawing doesn't have to be super awesome. As long as he looks like he does magic, everything ought to be good.

Quote :
This is your contest so I can't say anything but I'd like to suggest that the topic would be anything as long as it's school related. I would have a drawing in mind already.

I'll modify it.

Quote :
Also I'd suggest giving us a bit more time...

Oh, fine. June 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:18 am

Yayz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:03 pm

Second post about pointless drivel, possibly insulting multiple people, most likely Firo, and then trailing off into random emoticons and phrases heard from videos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:46 am

I'm still looking for the time... This weekend... yeah I'll be spending the time this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

Alright, now that Firo finally gave me the picture I pushed the deadline back for, I can announce the results in no particular order.

Winner #1:
Spoiler:

Winner #2:
Spoiler:

Winner #3:
Spoiler:

And now, for the honorable mentions.

Honorable Mention #1:
Spoiler:

Honorable Mention #2:
Spoiler:

And that's all, folks! Firo, Taila, and Silver should all soon find a new gift on Steam. Thank you to everyone who participated (and those who didn't, why not? It made me sad)! I hope we can have another fun little contest soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:57 am

[08:56:36] stupid fox : at first i was all "oh neat i got a gift" then i saw it was magicka and was all "wait what" and then i remembered there were only 5 entries
[08:56:38] stupid fox : goood tiiiiiiems
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graduation Celebration Contest!   

Back to top Go down

Graduation Celebration Contest!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1