Transgressional Aspect

#1 in Last to Post Wins threads.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 31 May 2013, 11:55 pm

Just came across this... found it interesting...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:08 am

What if I told you that the sonic that you knew was a lie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Needlemouse

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

So yea, this was announced...

I am honestly looking forward to it, it looks like it can be a lot of fun, now that it doesn't require boosting all the time. As for a lot of things, it does feel like a lot of coincidences to Sonic X-treme (6 demon-like figures Eggman/Robotnik accidentally released by tampering with something, some aesthetic details here and there, etc.), and that isn't a bad thing, I find it pretty cool that this stuff is still remembered.

I am curious why they would bring the wisps back though, they already sold me on the gameplay being more open ended and Sonic being more controllable (with different "gears" of speed even!), I guess if they really aren't focused on that much it will be okay. I do love the new parkour stuff, Assassin's Speed definitely.

The 3DS version even looks pretty decent, and we'll be getting actual gameplay of both versions real soon! So that will be cool to see. (E3 Demo for Wii U, 3DS a different case, but still gameplay released.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:41 am

Anyone else thinks we're getting too much greenhill zone?

Would be nice seeing other remastered levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:04 am

Suparior: what if Chao Garden comes back in Sonic Lost Worlds?
Layman Gearald: then the chao garden will be back
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:51 am

Oh yeah! Forgot about Chao Garden.

Me wants that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:04 pm

Also the 3DS version!

Not gonna lie, this game looks preeeeetty gooood in my opinion after seeing gameplay. nomnom.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:48 pm

I watched the 3DS version first, so let me make some notes about it.

- That level music is great.
- The Speed Up music is back from Heroes, strangely enough.
- The game looks like it plays similarly an Adventure game, except way better. Honestly, the lack of Boostboostboost left me a bit open-mouthed. It sincerely looks like a return to the good parts of Adventure 1 and 2 with much more polished gameplay. I was sold at this point (about 30 seconds in).
- The game is graphically great; I forgot that it wasn't on the Wii or something similar.
- The double jump returns, along with the homing attack. They must be mapped to different buttons, because Sonic uses the jump dash with homing in on an enemy, I believe.
- Figure 8 feet in 3D! Fanboys rejoice everywhere.
- Yes, the zone uses a Green Hill theme, but the level design is fairly unique with all the huge walls and floaty bits.
- The timer stops when Sonic is flying through the air, which is good for speedrunners.
- There's a wisp we haven't seen yet, which I can only assume is from the DS version of Color. It turns everything into blocks and sucks them in and makes a vortex? Incredibly awesome.
- Level music is still amazing.
- Sonic's wall-running parkour looks to be limited; at one point in the ravine-ish area, Sonic starts sweating while running on the wall. The sweat stopped when he jumped walls, though.

Honestly, I'm incredibly impressed by this little bit of footage. The Adventure-like gameplay with the great music and graphics makes it a day-one buy as far as I'm concerned. Unless, of course, you're Firo and think it looks graphically terrible, or Ray who hates it because it's too much like a cartoon (logic!).

Last edited by Keniruhs on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

You should go watch the Wii U one because it has commentary and it shows off the spindash and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:45 pm

Ok, I have a little more faith in this game in a gameplay sense. Story sense, I'm still somewhat shaking my head and even though the commentary guy said the "Deadly Six" act as a "new boss", I'm keeping my bet that Eggman is somehow to blame for the ordeal. Somehow.

I'll look into getting the 3DS version. Assuming, as I have said before, $35 magically appears in my wallet that I can dispose for such.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:30 pm

Upon re-watching the 3DS footage, in the first bit of the level, it seems like Sonic uses his bouncy move from Adventure 2 to reach a high ledge. All the fancy moves!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:14 pm

Yeah so looking at the footage, it does look better then I expected.

I STILL dislike the graphics somewhat mind you as they look toooooo cartoony and just a spitting image of Mario Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:20 am

Sonic 4 eplll calling it.
Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:22 am

it won't be sonic 4 because, well, making it nintendo exclusive would be pretty silly.
[although it'd make up for sonic 4-2 not being on the wii i guess but still? who wants another sonic 4 anyway)
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:38 pm

Eh, me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

firo is that one of your posts thats just a post for the sake of being a post because i have no idea on what that's relating to
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:30 am

No it's not. You asked who wants a Sonic 4 anyway and I said me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:35 am

oh.
you weren't supposed to reply positivelee to that...
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 14 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

WELL I DID! D:<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3