Transgressional Aspect

#1 in Last to Post Wins threads.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 6:14 am

Duke Nukem Forever probably

But yeah, Skylanders is totally possible on the Wii U, Nintendo's planning to do Pokemon Rumble Skylanders and hey, trading figure games have a certain appeal to 'em and they're pretty figurine but instead of being action figures there activate digital characters and look even nicer just sitting on a shelf. Those joints man, those joints look so bizarre when they're shelved.
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 6:43 am

Skylanders is the perfect—PERFECT—idea for taking full advantage of parents whose children like action figures and video games: pay $70 for the game, equipment, and 1-3 characters alone, then charge $10 for every additional character, $30 for expansion packs that in and of themselves debut a line of $15 characters...

Before the parents catch on due to ignorance, they've spent $250 on one stupid kids game XD

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 7:51 am

Honestly it's not -too- bad. It keeps the little ones occupied, they stay in the same couple of rooms, and when they're done with it they have something to look at that's much prettier than a framed trading card.

And trading cards are a lot more expensive than Skylanders.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 8:28 am

To be honest though here, I hate the path Sonic games are taking nowadays. After Unleashed, they seemed to have toned them down so much to appeal much more to children. Admittingly, this is working and Sonic's doing much better than before but I really miss those dark themed plots back in the good old Sonic Adventure days and such. Loved Shadow's Arc (Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog) ...

Now the games are so... light hearted. There are no dark themes at all and while this may appeal much more to the younger audience, I as a nearly 16 year old sonic fan don't find it great...

Let's face it, this game's looks and probably will be a Sonic Colours 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 8:34 am

Yeah, I agree, the plots have been rather lighthearted lately, but let's face it, after the dark age of Sonic taking itself far too seriously, some lightheartedness is nice. I do want them to start toning it back up and down as necessary as soon as they can prove that they can continue to make quality games again. Sonic doesn't really need a story, he runs fast on STOP THAT

But I'd rather them much more focus on the gameplay for a while, and the writing for whenever they have a basic plotline "Eggman's not only using animals, but aliens in a space theme park!" and then NO COPYRIGHT LAW IN THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO STOP ME

But once they've had a streak of good games, they really need to balance dark and lighthearted.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:04 am

Well let's hope those times come back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:08 am

Looking back on Adventure 2, it took itself way too seriously an was a bit too dramatic. It was certainly enjoyable, but when you realize this is a series about a walking, talking, blue hedgehog, and it gets really dark... it doesn't quite fit.

Personally, I'm completely alright with Sonic having a lighthearted story. Now, I can agree on a bit more in-depth story being a positive addition. I feel like Unleashed took a few good steps in balancing a more grim story while keeping a goofy undertone. It maybe didn't do it perfectly, mind you, but still fairly well.

Until Sonic can get to the point where he can afford risking anything more serious than the likes of Unleashed, he needs to stick to sillier and lighter stories like Colors and Generations. As it stands, he's only somewhat gotten a foothold on regaining his reputation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:12 am

If you ask me, the likes of Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the hedgehog weren't THAT "over serious".

When I think of too serious, I think of Sonic 06...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:17 am

WHERE'S THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD
...huh, that doesn't actually sound serious at all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:21 am

However Sonic dying does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:23 am

Sonic Adventure 2 is there about right, mostly because Tails wasn't acting like a 4 year old for once. SONIC HEROESSSSSSSSSSS

Shadow The Hedgehog was way too damn serious. Swearing, edgy music, constant conflict that's immediately obvious isn't straight forward for our heroine, picking sides and hearing bickering. It was too serious and too badly executed.

'06 never happened. But if it did, yes, it would have been too serious. Maybe it wouldn't if it played decently but it didn't so
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 9:33 am

I suppose Shadow the Hedgehog was a bit too serious. Though it was more confusing and annoying than serious. I mean, Shadow? An Android? Waaaaat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 28 May 2013, 12:30 pm

ooooooo.
this looks kinda weird!
also i wish sega would have an actual camera for their trailers @:
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 28 May 2013, 12:35 pm

Looks like Sonic X-treme reborn! Not sure if that's a good thing... The guardians are strangely wacky-looking, too. Hope there's some more info at E3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 28 May 2013, 12:44 pm

Hmmm, eye'm kinda hoping that this is a one-game only engine. I dunno, eye'll have to see how it actually plays more to judge, honestly. Although, hey, this explains why it's on 3DS because it probably isn't hard to port!
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 28 May 2013, 12:59 pm

...Too cartoonish, too weird, too generic, ten bucks says it's somehow Eggman's fault.

But hey, Sonic can actually run on walls like the cinematics have always bragged about!

Still, probably NOT worth getting a Wii U over. MIGHT get the 3DS version. You know, if $35 magically appears in my wallet.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 29 May 2013, 4:17 am

Nothing terrible new shown in this, but one interesting thing is that they found a Wisp! Not sure how I feel about that.
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 29 May 2013, 5:37 am

forest girl wrote:
Nothing terrible new shown in this, but one interesting thing is that they found a Wisp! Not sure how I feel about that.

I know how I feel about it:

This makes it even worse for me. Returning gimmicks. Ugh.

Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 29 May 2013, 7:53 am

oh c'moooon
old stuff isn't always -that- bad, and colours was a pretty good game!
i mean
look at sonic 4
that was a good ga--pfftthahahahahaha
in all seriousness though why are they even giving green hill a new name
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 29 May 2013, 10:06 am

So, wisps may be back? That's neat, but I do wish they wouldn't re-use gimmicks. Wonder why they're there, anyway?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Wed 29 May 2013, 10:10 am

Hmmm.
Maybe this lost world thing is actually an excuse for reusing things because it's a lost world of saaneeks paaaast!
wait generations already did that in the last game what
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 30 May 2013, 4:12 am

I have mixed feelings for the game. I like seeing things such as the flickies. The level designs a bit weird I must say but we'll just have to play and see how it works.

My main annoyance with the game though is its super cartoony graphics. It doesn't just LOOK like Mario Galaxy, it pretty much IS. Not just graphics, but just like the video mentioned, a lot of parts in the game also look similar to Galaxy. And I do somewhat dislike that. What happened to the awesome graphics shown in Generations. I'm sure the Wii U could pull that off...

I'm guessing they won't be using the Hedgehog Engine for this...

And am I the only one who things of Prince of Persia when he sees Sonic do that Wall-run?

SO yeah, apart from that I'm pretty excited for the game. I don't mind the wisps either. though just like the previous titles, it does bother me that no other character is playable. I know its for the best... but I really want to play as another character again... I'm tired of Sawnik everywhere.

EDIT:

Cover Art revealed

Meh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 30 May 2013, 12:26 pm

Quills on Wheels wrote:
What happened to the awesome graphics shown in Generations. I'm sure the Wii U could pull that off...

Are you effing high? The game looks gorgeous. What about them looks at all sub-par to Generations?

In other news: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-ign-preview-screenshots/#more-28731

Wisps are confirmed to return, and Sonic does indeed parkour, among other things. Sonic is slowly becoming Assassin's Speed.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 30 May 2013, 12:46 pm

"2 player" ooooo
"support mode" awwwww
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 30 May 2013, 1:24 pm

That Link Ken Posted wrote:
2 Player Support mode confirmed

...Ok, it's official. What happens when you team SEGA and Nintendo? Super Mario Galaxy: Sonic Edition Sonic: Lost World

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next