Transgressional Aspect

#1 in Last to Post Wins threads.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Sun 19 May 2013, 2:12 am

Thoughts?

Sonic: Lost World

Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

Unknown Sonic Game
???

Just in case you've been living under a very boring looking rock with its dick in your mouth, lemme summaries.

In a recent Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that SEGA and Nintendo have formed a partnership over the next few Sonic games in order to boost Marketing. Nintendo helps SEGA out with their games and in return, Sega makes the following Sonic games Nintendo exclusive. In other words, only for Wii U and 3DS.

Furthermore, it was quickly revealed that the first of these Sonic games will be "Sonic: Lost World" which btw, rumors had already been flying around for it since it had been seen SEGA trademarking the name. It will be some sort of 2.5D adventure thingy or something.

The second one was revealed to be another Mario and Sonic at the Olympics game this time the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and then it was revealed that there will be a third mysterious Sonic title but no further info was given on the game.

So, people's thoughts on all this? Let's make this a thread that people can talk about WITHOUT any RPing needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Sun 19 May 2013, 3:52 am

I guess the fact that it's on 3DS is kinda nice [assuming it's not a terrible rush engine thing and it's actually a port]
although, ehhh, i don't intend on gettin' a 3ds/wiiyou...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Sun 19 May 2013, 6:41 am

I kinda was waiting for the PS4... but guess I'll have to settle in for a Wii U some time later...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Sun 19 May 2013, 9:26 am

A Sonic game, unless it's the best thing ever, isn't reason enough for me to buy a Wii U. I'll buy the 3DS game, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 4:00 am

Wonder if any special editions are gonna be available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 8:52 am

Well, considering that they never ported Colours to other systems, probably not!
unless you mean SONIC LOST WORLDS SEASON PASS and considering SEGA never really makes DLC, probably not!
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 6:14 pm

Sonic Generations Limited Edition had DLC...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 6:39 pm

It was a goddamn pinball minigame. It's less like DLC and more like a Preorder bonus of a figurine.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 7:40 pm

IT WAS STILL DLC!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 7:44 pm

So is Team Fortress 2's hats.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Mon 20 May 2013, 8:13 pm

And ze point iz....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 12:51 am

It was originally intended as a preorder bonus.
It's a preorder bonus!
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 1:56 am

It was INTENDED. But it was NOT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 8:52 am

It actually was, they just made it DLC later on for whatever reason?
Also, I kinda get the feeling that Nintendo is workin' with SEGA for something Nintendo exclusive just so more peeps buy the system, maybe? I dunno, people seem to be negative to Nintendo recently...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 9:23 am

Which is because Nintendo was stupid. For starters, most people can't tell that Wii U is actually the Wii New and an entirely different system with better specs and everything, the same problem that 3DS had. There's also negative brand assocation. When you think Wii, you think dust, because yours is collecting dust. Just Cause 2 dev's Wii U Devkits collecting dust. It was a very stupid move on the Nintendo part, but that's not all of it. It's trying to cash on the Wii's success, but the success of the Wii relied on the causal market, but it's not got the specs of the hardcore, barely being higher than the current gen consoles, which is really stupid, the disappointment of only one Wii U tabletscreen dohickeymahjong, the difficulty of actually developing for the Utablet, despite the fact there actually is a normal controller, called the Wii U Pro Controller, which finally has triggers that aren't pressure sensitive but that's another story, and it becomes a Vita. Nobody's buying it because there's no games, nobody's making games because nobody's buying it and it being difficult to develop for, and Ubisoft's Rayman Legends/Origins thing was STUPID AS ALL HELL and a real big blow to the Wii U because after that there's the whole uncertainty about any exclusives. And as much as I hate to say it, not having EA licenses is also a big blow, especially because of all the sports games they have. IN ADDITION TO THIS, the gamer gamers and the hardcore and the "hardcore" all waiting before they begin to put the money towards a Wii U to see what the Xbox Vista and the Playstation 4 actually end up being like and see if they'll like those systems more.

But the Wii U is probably the stupidest branding this past 3 or so years at the very least. If it was the Nintendo Actuallyanewname it'd not be confused as Nintendo Notactuallyanewthing, with the Wii Mini, Wii Family Edition and the Wii Fit, Play, and all the Wiis strapped onto the Wii version of things, it might of worked, but the Wii is the Wii, and we hear Wii, we think of Wii, we think of dust.
The best thing to come out of the Wii U name is that if there was ever a second version of it, it'd be U2.

when did this suddenly become complain about nintendo's wii u name and analyze it's faults thread
Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 9:57 am

Probably because I bought it up! Kinda.
Kinda related to the thread, why do all these 2014 things come out in 2013? I never got that, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Tue 21 May 2013, 10:19 am

The main thing that I didn't understand about 2014 releases was the car models. TRY OUT THIS NEW 2014 MODEL JETTA VOLKSWAGON VEETLE.TV
-march 2013-

This Soooocheeeee Olympics game and other Olympics games tend to come out before the actual Olympics, as there's no actual records set or disrespect to amazing feats that might happen that they'd have to put in. Like Kurt not taking any damage in UHC, Austria getting a new world record on Javelin Throwing.
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 23 May 2013, 9:27 am

Not mentioning that third party companies are dogging Nintendo and they need some third party companies creating games for them. Hense why they need SEGA.

Stupid EA...

Also, SEGA posted this on their facebook page.

The following caption was above it.

Quote :
Six will rise from the Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th.

My guess is they're the bosses or guardians of each area. Guess we'll find out soon enough...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 23 May 2013, 10:34 am

Huh, that actually looks kinda neat! Kinda.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 23 May 2013, 10:46 am

They all seem very cartoon-ish, even more so than normal Sonic designs. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 23 May 2013, 11:27 am

The only way I will even contemplate this game is if it's a sandbox, or at least has sandbox sections like Sonic Adventure 1. Even then, it'll have to be really really amazing for me to buy a Wii U.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Thu 23 May 2013, 12:01 pm

I kinda doubt they'll include HUUUUBUBUBUB sections, mainly because they tend to not be that greattttt... but who knows, they're workin' with Nintendo, and they usually have 'em!
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 1:53 am

Anyone else think that those figures remind you of Sky Landers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 6:02 am

Yes. "The Lost World" is actually the codename for a Sonic-themed Wii U-exclussive Skylanders spin-off, featuring a whole series of genericly cheesey "Mobian-themed" characters, the only familiar ones being Sonic and Amy. But that's not all! Since this is Wii U exclussive, kids have to buy a whole new starter pack to use it, and every character except Sonic has to be purchased for $10 bucks each, and the game is basically unbeatable unless you collect all 27 of them! Plus, half a year after release, they will launch $30 expansion packs in order for you to play the other half of the game, and also release alongside these expansion packs, "Titan" characters will be released, including Big the Cat, all priced at $20 each, and as with the vanilla game, you must collect all 15 of them in order to get into every area of the game and survive the latter boss battles!

We'll call it...Soniclanders.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   Fri 24 May 2013, 6:07 am

Big should totally be the final boss for this game. I have no idea on why SEGA plans to never use him again. ;~;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )   

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and SEGA 3 Sonic game Partnership. (Sonic: Lost World, Sonic and Mario Olympics, Sonic ??? )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next