PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

CISPA Passed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: CISPA Passed   Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

I'm sure most of you know what CISPA is. Well, it's passed both the US Senate and House of Representatives, and if I know the legal system well enough, that makes it law, which makes me less than happy.

So, what can we do? Well, individually, not a lot. The least I know to do is sign the petition at Sites Not Spies, which is run by Fight for the Future, a group that was pretty vocal back when SOPA, PIPA, and the other bills were around.

http://www.sitesnotspies.org/

It's not a lot, honestly, but it's better than nothing. If anyone knows something else that can be done, post it and I'll put it up here.

I seriously implore you all to at least sign the petition. CISPA is fairly terrible, and if you don't know why, a quick search would do you. Just know that all sorts of government agencies - even smaller ones - could see your personal information without any sort of search warrant. There's people that can explain it way better than me.

In short, just do your part to keep the internet a slightly better place by opposing this bill. It'll be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Thu 18 Apr 2013, 8:18 pm

Does this affect people outside of America too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

It's the Internet. Think about it.

Spoiler Alert: Yes. It entirely does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:09 pm

Well they can go fuck themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:45 pm

If you don't already know, CISPA is now officially dead. It certainly won't be the last bill of its kind, though, so let's keep a look out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:02 pm

who killed them? :perv:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

It was actually apathy. Most of the politicians just didn't care for it, so it just kind of got locked in limbo. I didn't hear anything about it being completely dead, though...
Back to top Go down
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:39 pm

oh.
well.
okay then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 5:58 am

They should be dead dead dead dead dead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:49 am

If its dead why do I come across pages on facebook that were canned because of CISPA accordng to the FBI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:18 am

Mecha's Right Hand wrote:
It was actually apathy. Most of the politicians just didn't care for it, so it just kind of got locked in limbo. I didn't hear anything about it being completely dead, though...

Once again, the powers of laziness triumph! Amurica FTW!

...oh, and Europe and Austraila are cool, too.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 3:17 pm

According to good old Phillip DeFranco, the Senate voted it down due to safety concerns.

Also, I liked how no one replied until they thought I was wrong! Which I may be, but still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:39 pm

I replied!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

In my defense, I haven't had the time to hang around here, what with my God-knows-how-busy schedule. You know that collab event between me, Firo, and Mecha that was supposed to happen in one weekend? Well, so far it's taken a month solely because either Firo will get swamped with work, unmotivated to write, or I will be too busy to have time with it without risking losing the privilege of online communication and not being able to do anything, and the only time I DO have unconditional time is when Firo is asleep and Mecha is at work, and my conditional time is invested in less time-consuming things like, say, a game of Halo 4. Not to mention there's chances that I do not get any "conditional" time due to the aforementioned workload.

[insert snicker from Halo-haters here]

So yeah, that's my life in a nutshell.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 4:01 am

So then it's YOUR stupid time-zone that's messing with this work, not mine. :perv:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 4:50 am

Mazékial Noviak [Ray] wrote:
In my defense, I haven't had the time to hang around here, what with my God-knows-how-busy schedule. You know that collab event between me, Firo, and Mecha that was supposed to happen in one weekend? Well, so far it's taken a month solely because either Firo will get swamped with work, unmotivated to write, or I will be too busy to have time with it without risking losing the privilege of online communication and not being able to do anything, and the only time I DO have unconditional time is when Firo is asleep and Mecha is at work, and my conditional time is invested in less time-consuming things like, say, a game of Halo 4. Not to mention there's chances that I do not get any "conditional" time due to the aforementioned workload.

[insert snicker from Halo-haters here]

So yeah, that's my life in a nutshell.

I'm sorry, what was that about none of this being related to you or your timezone?

More Words =/= More of a Problem

Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 5:01 am

Mazékial Noviak [Ray] wrote:

What was that Ray? I couldn't hear you over your horrible time zone. :perv: :shot:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 5:21 am

Considering that you have the timezone with the biggest difference between Mecha's AND Ray's, I'd say it's YOUR timezone that is the problem being that you're the only one with it!
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 9:08 am

Mecha's Right Hand wrote:
Considering that you have the timezone with the biggest difference between Mecha's AND Ray's, I'd say it's YOUR timezone that is the problem being that you're the only one with it!

Thank you, Gear, for beating me to it and backing me in the process.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 9:25 am

No problem, I just like punching people.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 3:16 pm

I run this place, which means we're centered around GMT -6. That would indeed make Firo's time zone the dumbest.

That's not related to the thread, though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Wed 01 May 2013, 10:15 pm

The only reason Gear is backing Ray up is cause I don't like gear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Thu 02 May 2013, 4:19 am

Yes. Clearly everything that goes on here is about you. "Sonic Transgressional Aspect" is actually a typo; it should be "The Firo Forum—A Forum Where Everything is About Firo". Not sure how Ken screwed that up...

[/sarcasm]

Oh yeah, speaking of Ken:

Keniruhs wrote:
I run this place, which means we're centered around GMT -6. That would indeed make Firo's time zone the dumbest.

That's not related to the thread, though!

Last edited by Mazékial Noviak [Ray] on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   Thu 02 May 2013, 6:35 am

I know right?

Ken hurry the fuck up and change the fix the forum's title to "Firo Aspects Forum"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CISPA Passed   

Back to top Go down

CISPA Passed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1