Transgressional Aspect

#1 in Last to Post Wins threads.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Good Idea?
Yay.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Nay.
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
I like Playstation fool...
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Rizzy

PostSubject: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:00 pm

So, for those who, for whatever reason, didn't get the memo....nintendo just recently released ANOTHER version of the wii recently I want to say sometime last month/early this montth. The name is Wii Mini. The console features are actually what it DOESN'T offer. First off, the console doesn't support GameCube controller ports. Not so bad right? While it may not be a problem for the average/casual player it's a big problem for us veteran Nintendo fans that still uses it even after the GameCube discontinued, espically for Super Samsh Bros. Brawl! Oh but it doesn't stop there....Next up, it doesn't support support the advance HDMI video HD component thing-a-ma-jig....You know for the good quality screen resolution for your TV. The Wii Mini does NOT have SD cards support. That's right! No Homebrew Channel on this one. No extra space or backup save files or whatever else you would normally use it for. And now the most important....The Wii Mini does NOT support ONLINE PLAY. What were you thinking Nintendo? The only reason I buy a game is to competite online to see how much more awsome I am against others from all over the world.

Below is a comparison of the Wii Mini to the original Wii.

I guess the point was to focus more on the gameplay itself like back in the SNES days. I guess I was not the targeted audience. I do see some good points in this but this would not be something I would buy.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

Wasn't the Nintendo Mini only for Canada?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rizzy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

Yes but it may migrate to the U.S. if it becomes popular I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:12 pm

Why do you say "another" Wii model? This is the only other model Nintendo has made. Also, the Wii didn't exactly support HD in the first place, as far as I know. As for a lack of online play, please elaborate. If it has Internet access, I don't see how it couldn't have online gameplay. Keep in mind, the Wii's online is pretty bad in the first place. Also, I hope you meen Melee and not Brawl, since Brawl doesn't really have much to do with the Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rizzy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:50 pm

Ken Shuri wrote:
Why do you say "another" Wii model? This is the only other model Nintendo has made. Also, the Wii didn't exactly support HD in the first place, as far as I know. As for a lack of online play, please elaborate. If it has Internet access, I don't see how it couldn't have online gameplay. Keep in mind, the Wii's online is pretty bad in the first place. Also, I hope you meen Melee and not Brawl, since Brawl doesn't really have much to do with the Gamecube.

Ok you know there was a Wii, Wii U, and now Wii Mini. I do mean Brawl, on the orignal Wii allow GameCube ports for people to still use GC controllers. And It doesn't have the extra outputs in the back of it all it has (to my understanding) is, the red, yellow, white circles, and then the power outlet. No extra cable for the wired connection or whatnot. and as far as HD, eh I guess you're right. I guess my whole point was the Wii Mini should have been an UPGRADE from the other two, instead it cuts down to the bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Brawl however supported Gamecube controllers, and really considering we all had Gamecube controllers that's what we used instead of getting the Classic Controller, said the majority of migrating users.

edit: [23:52:51] Sugar Bear : i fucking hate how forumotion doesn't notify you a new post has been made when you post a new one

Also, calling the Wii U another Wii model is like calling the 3DS a new DS model.
The 3DS IS NOT A NEW DS MODEL. It is not the DS with 3D, like the DSi was with Internet and the Lite with a lighter case.
THE 3DS AND WII U ARE NEW FUCKING CONSOLES. It's GBA to DS, it's Gamecube to Wii.
I also think that the Wii Mini came out first, and was announced first.

Edit No. 2:
Nope, I confused the Wii Mini with the Wii Family Edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....   

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Confirms Wii Mini Console But With Minus A Few Things....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1