PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

So apparently these convoluted new forums are pretty...strange. A lot harder to get the hang of after being used to Sonic Arena Central. So to help us all know how to run some of the fundamentals, I have contrived this little FAQ guide.

Q: "GAH! We don't get notified of friend requests when we come online anymore! How do I know if I'm being friended?"

A: Honestly, this is one of the things I don't like about the forum. In order to answer pending requests, you'll need to go to the "profile" tab at the top of the screen. From there, click on the sub-tab "friends and foes" (its the 5th one from the left). Your current friends, pending requests, and incoming requests will be seen in their own special categories. The rest should be self explanatory (in case you really are a dummy, hit the little "+" or "-" buttons next to the names of incoming requests to accept or deny them, respectfully).

Q: "What the heck is this 'fan character sheet' on my profile?"

A: First, I must commemorate you for actually noticing that. Few people do. Second, that's something Ken added for RPers specifically. Basically, if its activated, you can add a picture and fill out a set of text boxes giving general info about your fan character. You'll have to ask Ken to activate yours, I believe.

Q: "I miss stalking people's profiles through the visitor messages =*( Can I do it here?" o3o

A: This one is rather simple (yet oddly placed) and I facepalm myself to this day for not seeing it sooner. You can still post visitor messages by going to the person's profile, then selecting the "statistics" sub-tab (3rd from the left), then scrolling down to the statistics about visitor messages. You can hit a button labeled "Send a new message on [username] profile". It IS NOT a PM. The terminology may make you think otherwise, but I am telling you from experience it is not a PM. I've proven it twice.

Q: ...ok what the fudge are points?

A: It's another little perk Ken is adding. He's really going all-out now that he figured out how to mess with the site =P Anyways, basically you get one point for every post and three for every topic you post. Don't spam to get points though. That's nooo good. You can see how many points you have on your profile and posts. They don't server a real purpose yet, though they are going to be a currency sort of thing. What are you planning, Kenneth...

Q: WHY ARE SOME NAMES BLUE AND SOME WHITE?!! IS THERE A STAFF RANK THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT?! Serriously everyone seems to be that rank except me...

A: If any part or all of the above statement has been said in some form or fashion by you, then I'm glad you came to find the answer. Ok, so a quick run down of colo(u)red names

White: You've already seen the profile.

Blue: You have not seen the profile within the past few hours. Check it to see if it was updated!

Yellow: Moderator (FTW! :shot:)

Crimson/Dark Red: Admin

*NEW* Q: goddamnit i have no idea on how to use quotes arggggg @:

A: You didn't ask this question directly to me, but I really wanted to update this so dang it here's the answer =3

The code for quoting is...

[.quote="(username here)"] (quoted text here) [/quote]

Obviously, you remove the parenthesis and the period before the word "quote". However you KEEP the quotation marks around the username. Don't ask; that's just how it's coded. You're welcome, Silver.

Q: WAIT! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME IN THE DARK? *goes to a corner and becomes emo*

A: >_> *hands questioner a bandage for the slit mark* relax. Just post  your question here and I'll answer it ASAP.

Q: HOW DO YOU USE YOUR MOD POWERS OH WISE SAGE?

A: For those of you who are wondering, members with yellow names like me are moderators (heck yeah!) and crimson means Head Admin (aka Kenneth/Ken Shuri). Anyways, to answer your energetic question: Ken recently updated the permissions of staff. It should be self-explanatory how to edit posts.

WARNING: THE NEXT TWO PARAGRAPHS APPLY TO STAFF ONLY! LOOK AWAY, CHILDREN! *shot*

Now for the more complicated stuff: at the bottom of the page you will find (if you are a staff member) a little box labeled "permissions" with little fancy icons. I shall describe them in order from left to right:

The x deletes the thread (DON'T PRESS IT UNLESS A N00B SPAMMED AND MADE THE THREAD). The trash can looking thing screwed up the thread...so I'd avoid it. The arrow takes you to a menu where you can move a thread's location. The lock...self explanatory (psst it locks the thread =O). The torn paper icon allows you to split a thread into separate threadlets in case the topic needed to be multiple ones instead of one big broad one. The bow-tie-looking one allows you to do the opposite: merge little threadlets into one big one if their contents are too similar. Congrats for getting the longest answer thus far XD

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sun 24 May 2015, 12:00 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Moderator powahs and points.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:43 pm

*gives Ray a badge* Thanks for this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runalot

PostSubject: Re: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

HOW DO YOU USE YOUR MOD POWERS OH WISE SAGE?

Ray: Like this. Ken updated the permissions =P Updating list for commands before you accidently screw something up like I did =3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

So yeah...any more questions?

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

Ray the Airknight wrote:
*NEW* Q: goddamnit i have no idea on how to use quotes arggggg @:

A: You didn't ask this question directly to me, but I really wanted to update this so dang it here's the answer =3

The code for quoting is...

[.quote="(username here)"] (quoted text here) [/.quote]

Obviously, you remove the parenthesis and the period before the word "quote". However you KEEP the quotation marks around the username. Don't ask; that's just how it's coded. You're welcome, Silver.

Updated with a new guide =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!   

Back to top Go down

Sonic TA Forums for Dummies!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1