PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:37 pm

I've actually not played MvM once since it came out. Is it even free?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:47 pm

Yes it's free but unless you pay for this "premium" ticket, you don't really get any good or exclusive items. So basically you can only play MvM for the fun of it... which I geuss is sorta the point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:00 pm

Okay, let me help specify and clarify. There's these things, called Tickets, if you play on the official servers (Known as Mann Up mode), when you beat a MvM mission, you get that ticket used up, and an item for it. - There's also Squad Surplus Voucher, which gives it to your partners.

You can play on community servers of MvM, for free, no item usage, but playing on the MvM servers still count up the normal item drops, the dropped weapons from main game TF2 (PL, CP)

There's several missions to MvM per map, and you get a Strange Botkiller weapon each "tour" you complete, which is playing the maps on Mann Up mode in a mission set. Hard missions end up getting you diamond or carbonado, easy get you Rusty and Bloody, normal, the original missions, were Silver and Gold, and now Engineer difficulty gets you MK 2, which has a Engineer head instead of Heavy head.

You can still vote to change the mission difficulty on community servers, you just won't get the Mann Up items.
Map names are like, mvm_bigrock and then there's like mvm_bigrock_advanced2 and such. There's a lot of good and interesting community maps, but so far there's only 4 official MVM maps (Unlesss the most recent update put another one)

mvm_bigrock
mvm_decoy
mvm_mannworks
mvm_coaltown

As a sidenote: Bigrock sucks because all the other MVM maps (and good MVM maps) put the robots spawn on a cliff, and they walk off the cliff, and when they touch the ground, the lose their uber, but Bigrock, hah, no, they just walk out of a tunnel. And that's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

Seeing as a considerable amount of us have Planetside, maybe we could organize something relating to that?

Or a Cards Against Humanity tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

i hate planetside and it's planet siding side side I DON'T HAVE A DECENT COMPUTER *cry*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 3:06 pm

Lol that explains why Steam claims you have it but you've never mentioned playing it when we bring the subject up amongst ourselves XD

Anyways, Planetside 2? Maybe later...once I get my laptop back and all...[see Ken for details]

On another semi-irrelevant note to add to the Planetside 2 suggestion, I've been working (or at least WAS working; see above) toward getting enough "Fame" Points in Realm of the Mad God to set up a guild for us (it costs 1,000 and I currently have 340-something that I had acquired in about two days just from playing in 10-30 minute increments every couple of hours without putting full devotion to obtaining it). It's mainly just an aesthetic "meh why not?" ordeal (as there's not really anything else of value I can do with Fame Points anyway XD) but hey, it'll give us our own fancy private room for trading items and relaxing and such for those of us who play it/have played it, and we all get points from being a part of the guild, so yeah. That's an option, right? =3

Spoiler:

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

Realm of the Mad God is decent fun, yeah, and pretty sure everyone here can run it! [I have lag because it's flash but it's playable at least?]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

Realm of Mad gods is quite boring actually... I didn't find it interesting one bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:18 am

Well then that's your opinion. Or you didn't play it right. Either way, I personally find it entertaining so meh XD

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 21 Feb 2013, 6:21 am

It is pretty simplistic and far from sustainable, I can certainly see why you wouldn't like it.

And as far as the "Everybody can run it" comment - FUCK YOU
i'm kidding. I'm not thinking about it that harshly. - But my connection DOES suck, and it IS a bullet hell, so once you start getting about ~17 that's about where I have to stop because I die because of desync and lag. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   

Back to top Go down

Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2