Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 1:41 pm

Ha! There's a pun! Ain't it grand?

Anyway, since essentially 90% of us own Kid Icarus: Uprising, I figured it's make some sense for us to plan a sort of community game night. The only problem is that I don't know when the majority of us are able to devote some time to playing. So, the first thing I want you all to do is to post a time you're generally free. That way, I can get an idea of what a good time to get everyone together will be. Keep in mind that Kid Icarus doesn't have to be the only game we play. I just figured it'd be a decent start.

Secondly, Gear's bugged me about this a bit; "this" being starting a group on Steam. Apparently, groups work almost just as well as forums, except you can't organize them like we have. But, if we were able to set up a group, we could at least give notifications for group events, like the aforementioned community game night. It's up to all of y'all to decide if a Steam group is wanted, or if you want to even migrate to being only a Steam group, and ditch the forums. I can probably predict the responses, but it doesn't hurt to ask anyways.

So, get to talking, and let me know what a good time for you is.

Last edited by Keniruhs on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

1. 8-3 mon-fri usually all day sat, sun

2. Steam sounds okay but I'd not like to leave the forums for it we could have both
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 2:54 pm

We already have both, some what. Sonic Arena Central Steam Group, granted, it's helm is technically Invert's but Invert's not that bad, is he?

And yes, on several occasions, I have questioned the fact we still use this, like at all, I was mostly just wondering why we didn't use Steam's group chats considering that most of us are in SACSG, but I've gone back to wondering why we still bother with this, considering you can subscribe to forums and discussions and get notifications when threads you choose to follow are replied to, buuuut, there is one downside. Whilst you can go forth and talk on discussions and profiles on Steam browser-based, you can't go forth and talk through chat windows on browser - Considering most of us have some form of MSN or Skype type, is it that big of a deal though?

*not to mention Steam's stupid and random refusing to load new pages in the client {what's with that steam}
Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 3:48 pm

The thing about SACSG is that it has people who weren't even part of Sonic Arena, and probably won't much care for us. Besides that, it's basically a dead group, and if Invert's in charge, I can't really set anything up for us specifically. I figure it'd be better if we made our own group so we could do what we want, and not worry about the random people in SACSG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 3:59 pm

Well, most of the random people there aren't and won't be doing anything - And if we migrate to Steam, we're bound to get random people still; but it'll be new members if we're actually an active group, won't it?

And I don't see how being a dead group keeps us from starting to use it again; considering all the infrastructure's going to stay there and the members are already there, but I can get the whole not using it because Invert.
But random people and dead group, kinda silly points in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 4:06 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of times would be good for me. I know when school starts I won't be home until maybe 5 or 6PM, and even then I'll only have like 30 minutes before getting to work. As far as weekends go, any time after 6 on Friday, or if I'm lucky any time in the afternoon on Saturday is ok.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:52 am

I'M THE 10%
OH NOOOOOO
Also, uh, steam group'd be neat. 'causey'knowbeinginnotdeadgroupwouldbefunmaybe?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forest.com
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 9:00 am

Heh heh... uh... I might be responsible for some of those members that were never in Sonic Arena... BUT ANYWAY.

1. I don't have Kid Icarus but I'm fine with other games. I think Terraria is probably the only best choice as it's one of the only games most of the forum has. Other then that L4D2 also sounds like a fun game we could play and other games I can think of would be Killing Floor, DayZ and potentially TF2, though I doubt any of you have the zombie games...

2. Honestly I wouldn't mind a Steam Group though I don't see any point in it cause I never see any use in Steam Groups. There's nothing our forum can't do that a Steam Group can(in my opinion) and there's no way I'd ditch the forum for one.
Also a suggest for the Steam Group... IF there is gonna be one, I think we should call it "Sonic Arena: Tangled Dimensions" instead of "Sonic: Trangrassional Aspects". I feel like that way at least it's a group for a game that has a chance of being produced... and it has a good avatar picture to add :perv:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:45 am

I would've just called it "Transgressional Aspect" and dropped the "Sonic" part. We're not strictly sonic, so eh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 1:01 pm

HOLY SHIT. We were a game once.
Those were the daaaaays.

Anyway. I don't really know what time I could be available for. Weekends and Friday seem plausible, I guess. And as for the Steam group, why the hell not? I don't think it's something we need to get rid of the forums for, but it'll be useful for these game events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

I guess eye'll go list some potential multiplayer things.
Borderlands! ...althoughiwontbeabletoplayitsoifeeldumbforsuggestin'
Garry's Mod! sumthin' to scroo around in.
Terraria! YOU'VE PLAYED IT ALL BEFORE.
Worms Reloaded/Revolution/Ultimate Mayhem!: Not the best Worms game, but they're on Steam! That's sumthin, rite?
Castle Crashers!: i'll be gifting most of you this so yeah, nyuknyuk.
THIS IS THE END
also i have killing floor, firo! don't forget me. =(
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:05 pm

Cool.
And I'm pretty sure mechanical has L4D2 so Yeah...
Mind you I have Good but God I hate it.

Also, We could also try sonic and Sega all stars if people have it on their PS3s... Transformed as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

Transformed is coming to Steam eventually - it better have online, the first PC version didn't!
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:53 am

I was thinking more of PS3... cause... well ya know... I've got it on Ps3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:55 am

I went ahead and made the Steam group, since it existing won't hurt anything. You can easily find it by searching "Transgressional Aspect" in the group search bar, going to my profile, or by clicking here. It'll be good for at least scheduling group events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncle Moton

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

I..I..have yet to get a 3ds and etc.. *foreveralone*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rizzy

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

I guess Im the 1% that doesn't have any multi-player games in possesion but I don't really know steam at all other than the 30mins I watched Jay fail at Sonic 2 xD but since others said it wasn't bad I guess I'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M.I.A Saizorua

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Tue 08 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

I had the idea of this phantasy star online private server and I am sure most people has heard of this, The game just so happened to be called SCHTHACK (And yes thats the actual name of the server), i don't recommend you play it unless you had the original experience with it. (Dc/Gc/Pc/and BB all work with this, and it comes with its own guide on how to download/play)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Fox

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:04 am

Someone actually suggested that before, I think it was Jonneh, but for some reason nobody really played it. I did quite a while after on another server, but that's about it!
Back to top Go down
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:26 am

I'd say Spiral Knights but I can't get that game working... so yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonnehicles

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 7:47 am

Yeah, I came up with the idea. But tbh, I'm just gonna wait for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come out. At least that'll be F2P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.respawn-point.com
M.I.A Saizorua

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

theres always tf2 if theres enough FPS Players here Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Quite a few of us enjoy some good TF2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quills on Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 6:22 pm

Well I haven't played TF2 here for ages... so fuck me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart42

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:08 pm

I love TF2! We could do a MvM Night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue   

Back to top Go down

Community Game Night and a Steamy Issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next