#1 in Last to Post Wins threads.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:48 pm

IP: 96.25.1.154.

EDIT: This post has been edited to strike out the "rules" that no longer apply, and adding the updated rules. This has become more-or-less a weekly thing. The server will be up pretty much all weekend (just ask XSSA to put it up if it's not =3)

Upon conversing with Ken, Mecha, and Moar, I have decided to schedule a Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event for the heck of it...lol T.A.P.E.

Anyways, we will likely be using XSSA's server for the event, since literally nothing has been done in it. Our "objective" being to join together to explore the world semi-RP style, beat all the bosses, get to hardmode...and from there pretty much play until we decide we're bored XD

Assuming this does not get revoked, I say we should be allowed to bring "partially legit" characters. What I mean is, each of us should be allowed to bring 2-3 NON HARDMODE weapons and/or accessories to the event. The main reason for doing this is so we can distinguish each other's fighting styles and combat roles without having to waste potentially hours to acquire our preferred weapons, etc. Just a couple of rules for this:

-You CAN bring in ANY item from pre-hardmode (including blocks and components), and as much as you want. The whole reason for the previous "three item limit" was to, as I have said, ultimately save time so we could differentiate our individual skills without having to take several hours to fight over ore deposits for armor and weapons.

-In case you didn't see the caps, the items CANNOT be from Hardmode. (I.E. Cobalt/Mythril/Adamite tools and armor, wings, etc.)

-No Rocket/Spectre Boots (require the Goblin Tinkerer, and bringing them would defeat half of the purpose of finding and freeing him. This rule also applies to items requiring the "Tinkerer's Workshop")

-You CAN bring a Grappling Hook, but NOT an Ivy Whip, and it will count as one of your three items. (allowing this mainly due to the hook's low drop rate. No Ivy Whip because it's an upgraded Grappling Hook; we gotta have SOME reason for going to the jungle, after all =3)

-There is NO limit on Life Crystals and MP you can have acquired prior to the event. So go ahead and get 400/400 HP and chase those shooting stars before the event.

-You may bring your own pickaxe, axe, and hammer and they will not count for one of your three items, as these things are the basic tools that are required in order to do more than just kill things in Terraria. Hamaxes, assuming no one objects, WILL be allowed as substitutes for an axe and hammer.

-A piece of armor counts as one of your three items. Vanity items (including Goggles*) WILL NOT count. [*Yes, I am aware that goggles boost your defense by, like, 2. But come on, helmets will quickly replace its place in the headgear slot, so it's not that big of a deal.]

-If you bring a ranged weapon (Blow Dart, Bow, or some kind of Gun) you are permitted to bring up to a "stack" (meaning one inventory space full) of ammunition for it. This amo will not count as one of your three items.

-No Night's Edge. As it is a special weapon (crafted from four swords, one of which is a unique drop, on a demon altar) it is essentially an "endgame" weapon prior to Hardmode.

-You CAN bring in any item(s) dropped by the Wall of Flesh. This includes the Breaker Blade, Laser Rifle, Clockwork Assault Rifle, the Warrior, Mage, and Archer emblems, and ESPECIALLY the Pwnhammer.

-You CANNOT bring drops from Hardmode bosses (Souls of Sight, Might, and Fright) , or any form of weapons or equipment better than Cobalt (I am allowing Cobalt due to its mass abundance compared to Mythril and Adamantite).

-The above rule will change once the server has progressed deeper into Hardmode, however Hallowed Armor and weapons will NOT be allowed to be imported ever, simply because of its intended rarity and high damage/protection.

That's about all I see necessary. So if you want to bring a Cloud in a Bottle, Lucky Horseshoe, and Obsidian Skull as your accessories, go ahead. They count for the three permitted items, however, so keep that in mind =3

The event is currently scheduled for TODAY (Friday the 14th) and will continue through the weekend, unless XSSA randomly objects to that time for whatever the reason, or something catastrophic comes up. If you plan on taking part, please make a comment stating so and list the three items you plan on bringing, as well as any additional notes. To give an example, let me demonstrate mine:

Ray's Example wrote:
1. Thorn Chakram
2. Grappling Hook
3. Dark Lance

Pickaxe: Nightmare
Axe: Meteor (Hamaxe)
Hammer: Meteor (Hamaxe)

Additional Notes: 400/400 HP, Max MP, Goggles as a Social Slot item

So yeah, nothing too elaborate. The whole point of the comment thing is just for a definite head-count of who to expect to participate, and making sure the loadout is acceptable. Also, while I didn't list it as a rule, I encourage you to be a little conservative on pickaxe choice. You can go molten if you absolutely have to, but I recommend Nightmare at most, just for the sake of balance. That's just my opinion though. Any further suggestions or questions can either be posted as comments or asked in the chatbox.

The Team
Ray: Chakram/Spear Fighter
Mecha: Laser Gunner
Needle: Water Mage
Moar: Silver Archer
Ken Shuri: Molten Soldier

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Ring Loading Sarcastic Comment. Please Wait

Last edited by Ray the Spectre on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated rules and decription)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

Now someone needs to tell XSSA about this...

1. meteorite chest plate
2. Meteorite Helmet
3. Meteorite Pants

Molten Pickaxe, Molten Hammeraxe, 400HP 200MP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Needlemouse

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 7:29 pm

1. Aqua Scepter
2. Grappling hook
3. - Unsure of, I will think about this one for a little longer-

Nightmare Pickaxe, Space Hamaxe, 400 hp, 200 mp
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

Guuuise, guise.
Just a thought
What if you brought one of your 3 items, to help one of the other players? I mean, Ken can bring say, the entire Molten set, and then someone else can give him the Blade of Grass to use. Or is Ray going to stop that before it happens?
Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

Doubtfully Taboo wrote:
Guuuise, guise.
Just a thought
What if you brought one of your 3 items, to help one of the other players? I mean, Ken can bring say, the entire Molten set, and then someone else can give him the Blade of Grass to use. Or is Ray going to stop that before it happens?

I could care less if such a thing happens. Their loss for wasting one of their item slots so someone else can have a bigger advantage. I mean, come on, you have to admit that is at least somewhat a stupid idea.

This signature of mine needed an update. This signature is now updated. I need to put something witty or fitting here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1606893-146-the-elder-scroll
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

Nope nope nope. Everyone needs to bring items to help each other. Ya know, cooperative working and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:44 am

...The whole point of the three-item thing is so we can each distinguish each other's combat styles, not to pass items around to each other. Again, if two people decide to waste their item slots so one person can have a bigger advantage than the others, it's their (stupid) choice. Ultimately it will either be a balanced and cooperatively even effort, or someone will have a bigger advantage than everyone else and another will have to pick up the slack because they gave up one of their items slots to give the first person a perk.

Back to top Go down
AD
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

Item One: Silver Bow (Fire Arrows =D)
Item Two: Grapple Beam
Item Three: Cloud in A Bottle
Class: Ranged/Archer

Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

So, uh, what's the rules about Piggy Banks? Are they allowed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

1. Fiery Greatsword
2. Molten Fury with 250 Unholy Arrows
3. Molten Breastplate
Class: I'unno?

Pickaxe: Molten
Hamaxe: Molten

Additional Notes: 400 HP, 100 MP, Hero's Clothes for social slots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

Cmdr. Zegil wrote:

Uh...why would you need that, again? Oh wait, if by that you mean are we allowed to obtain them from the merchant during the event, then I don't see why not. Sounds kinda like a waste to me, though. I mean come on, it's just us and I'm 98.765% sure that none of us will steal from each other's chests (Gear's not joining so there goes our only troll =P).

Back to top Go down
Mecalia the Wolfie

Location : Probably asleep under a tree looking up at the clouds. Or behind you depends what time it is really.

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:22 pm

Ray the Spectre wrote:
Cmdr. Zegil wrote:

Uh...why would you need that, again? Oh wait, if by that you mean are we allowed to obtain them from the merchant during the event, then I don't see why not. Sounds kinda like a waste to me, though. I mean come on, it's just us and I'm 98.765% sure that none of us will steal from each other's chests (Gear's not joining so there goes our only troll =P).

Just for that I'ma steal all your shit :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:06 am

Huh. I'm suprised Kan won't be joining us, according to the lack of a sign up post from him. Shayne, not so much considering he just got Terraria the other day. Oh well.

Assuming things don't suddenly screw up, I'll be home from school and Play Rehearsal about 6:15-6:45, traffic permitting. As I won't be able to get online here from school without risking some form of action against me, I'd like to ask that someone contact XSSA for me to ask if he'd be willing to put his server up around that time and leave it up for awhile, if that's ok with all you.

Back to top Go down
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

Wait wait wait. Dude. You said the 21st. It's the 14th. Or at least I read somewhere that it was going to be the 21st. That's why I hadn't signed up yet. Was still trying to nab items to prepare meself. I'll edit this later with the sign-up thing once I decide what I want to bring with me.

1. Vilethorn
2. Musket with 250 Musket balls
3. Stack of Dynamite

Pick: Nightmare
Axe: Meteor
Hammer: Meteor

Oh, and a top hat for social slot. I need to have some way of being different. And dapper.

Last edited by Cmdr. Zegil on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Facking Ray not telling anybody that he had rectified the date to today)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:41 pm

The bottom of the first post wrote:
(Reason for editing : Condemn it I meant the 14th >_>)

We had decided on having this event *next week* last week. I read my calendar wrong when I gave the date >_> sorry for that confusion.

Back to top Go down
XSSA

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

fien geez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

Suddenly, XSSA. Just as suddenly, it turns out more than one person thought we had an extra week because they were not part of the original conversation last week in which I said next week. As much as I wouldn't mind giving us that extra week, next week I'll be getting dragged to a family-friend's wedding, which my dad is apparently performing. Maybe we could just move it to tomorrow so it's not as much of a shock? I suppose we can discuss this in a quick chatbox session right now or so...

Back to top Go down
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

I asked XSSA, he said he'd leave it up all weekend. IP is 96.25.1.154.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oga Tatsumi

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:58 pm

Built a spawn house for everyone. Steve, the Guide for the world, is currently shacked up there. Small little house, nothing fancy. ...For now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm

Just wait 'till we get gold blocks, we'll be fancy-ing it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:23 am

UPDATE: As of last night Sunday, September 29th, the server has officially entered Hardmode thanks to myself, Needle, Mecha, and Moar vanquishing the Wall of Flesh. Due to the intense power curve of certain Hardmode entities, I am revising the list of permitted imported gear. The following are the revised additions:

-You CAN bring in ANY item from pre-hardmode (including blocks and components), and as much as you want. The whole reason for the previous "three item limit" was to, as I have said, ultimately save time so we could differentiate our individual skills without having to take several hours to fight over ore deposits for armor and weapons.

-You CAN bring in any item(s) dropped by the Wall of Flesh. This includes the Breaker Blade, Laser Rifle, Clockwork Assault Rifle, the Warrior, Mage, and Archer emblems, and ESPECIALLY the Pwnhammer.

-You CANNOT bring drops from Hardmode bosses (Souls of Sight, Might, and Fright) , or any form of weapons or equipment better than Cobalt (I am allowing Cobalt due to its mass abundance compared to Mythril and Adamantite).

-The above rule will change once the server has progressed deeper into Hardmode, however Hallowed Armor and weapons will NOT be allowed to be imported ever, simply because of its intended rarity and high damage/protection.

Back to top Go down
Morgue Keeper Ray
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:21 pm

(Double post...) UPDATE: As of today, one rule has changed. Mythril and Adamantite gear and weapons are allowed to be imported!

So in other words the rules change as so:

-You CANNOT bring drops from Hardmode bosses (Souls of Sight, Might, and Fright) or any item requiring them (includes Hallowed gear and weapons)

-You CAN bring Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite gear and weapons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event   

Back to top Go down

S:TA Terraria Adventure Playthrough Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1